m&p 9c - MP-Pistol Forum

m&p 9c

This is a discussion on m&p 9c within the Knife and Light forums, part of the Armory category; When I fully load a mag the tenth round it goes in tight witch is to be expected. But when I insert the mag into ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Armory > Knife and Light

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42
When I fully load a mag the tenth round it goes in tight witch is to be expected. But when I insert the mag into the gu its real tight and it's almost like I have to force it in till I hear that click. Has anyone else expierienced that? Does it have anything to do with typeof ammo used? Does the slide have to be open or closed? When I load nine everything runs fine but didn't wanna chamber a round or attempt to fire from a fully loaded mag because it seemed like it was too tight. All info would be most appreciated
Izzy360 is offline  
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 84
Hello Izzy360, What you're describing sounds about right. I have a 40c and it seems tight when I insert a full 10 round mag. I really have to push it home, but it always runs well. I don't think anything is wrong. You can certainly go to the next step by chambering a round. Then remove the mag and visually check for any problems. Other than this, you'd have to take it to the range for a test fire. I think everything is ok though.
gclaudio is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #3
 
Braveheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 414
nothing to wory about, its just a full mag nothing else, my other guns that are made by other manufacturers do this too.

Its not an M&P thing, go shoot it and enjoy
Braveheart is offline  
 
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #4
DCB
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 95
They can be a little tight... just slam it home and shoot.



Peace
DCB is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #5
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 29
With a 9c you should be able to get 12 rounds in the standard compact magazine....not just 10....
2 E L O is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 E L O' post='274814' date='Oct 12 2010, 08:59 AM
With a 9c you should be able to get 12 rounds in the standard compact magazine....not just 10....


Not in a MA or CA compliant gun. Limited to 10 in magazine.
rdoneil is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #7
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoneil' post='274825' date='Oct 12 2010, 11:35 AM
Not in a MA or CA compliant gun. Limited to 10 in magazine.
Touche. I forgot about those crazy states.....
2 E L O is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #8
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42
Thank u all for all ur useful info. Yes I live in mass. were only allowed 10 rounders. Stupid state. Whats funny is looking at an ar-15 with a 10 round mag
Izzy360 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #9
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42
I made a check with a fully loaded mag it goes in tight when the slide is in the closed position. the the slide is in open position i can slide a fully loaded mag and release slide and its like butter but with a closed slide the mag inserts very hard and when I rack slide the round has alittle bit of trouble going into barrel
Izzy360 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy360' post='274849' date='Oct 12 2010, 03:15 PM
I made a check with a fully loaded mag it goes in tight when the slide is in the closed position. the the slide is in open position i can slide a fully loaded mag and release slide and its like butter but with a closed slide the mag inserts very hard and when I rack slide the round has alittle bit of trouble going into barrel


I think that is normal. I have a 40FS and 40c and both operate the same way. Full mag goes in very tight and needs extra force to seat it with the slide in battery.
rdoneil is offline  
Old October 24th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #11
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 32
That is totally normal. I have mag extensions that allow for increased capacity and they have to be seated firmly to catch the mag release. If the same mag is loaded one round light it catches more easily.
cabdmd is offline  
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #12
 
FoxMulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 387
is there a reason this is in the knife & light section?? lol

(if a mod or admin move this topic please delete this post..)
FoxMulder is offline  
Old August 21st, 2011, 04:39 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 9
I don't know how new your mags are but I always load my new mags to max and let them sit in the drawer for a week or so. This seems to break in the spring making it easier to load and also to insert into the gun. Mag springs don't weaken if left loaded. I have 1911 mags in my carry guns that stay loaded all the time and have never experienced a failure to load ever. This is just something I do and it does seem to help.
deadarrow is offline  
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #14
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadarrow View Post
I don't know how new your mags are but I always load my new mags to max and let them sit in the drawer for a week or so. This seems to break in the spring making it easier to load and also to insert into the gun. Mag springs don't weaken if left loaded. I have 1911 mags in my carry guns that stay loaded all the time and have never experienced a failure to load ever. This is just something I do and it does seem to help.


Mag springs don't weaken if left loaded or unloaded. The weaken through usage. Many people think that that a loaded magazine will become weak when that is not the case.
Op4guy is offline  
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op4guy View Post
Mag springs don't weaken if left loaded or unloaded. The weaken through usage. Many people think that that a loaded magazine will become weak when that is not the case.


Agreed, but if left loaded, magazine springs will take a set, becoming slightly shorter, but still having the same strength. This should have no effect on performance whatsoever. All of my magazines, for all my guns, are always loaded to capacity all of the time. Haven't really had an issue with any of them.



If the springs ever do have an issue, springs are cheap and easy to replace.



EDIT: kind of an interesting page on the subject here: http://mcb-homis.com/magspring/
pyroguy6922 is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Armory > Knife and Light

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.