9c trigger - MP-Pistol Forum

9c trigger

This is a discussion on 9c trigger within the MP Compact Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; I am sure this has been brought up and beaten to death, but I hate my 9c trigger, it is super gritty, so bad that ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Compact Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Member
 
Chaseman31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Louisville Ky.
Posts: 72
9c trigger

I am sure this has been brought up and beaten to death, but I hate my 9c trigger, it is super gritty, so bad that even my wife could feel it, and she knows nothing about handguns. What would you guys suggest, take to gunsmith and let him polish it first and see how that goes, and if that doesnt work, maybe a Apex upgrade? I hate to say it but I love my shields trigger compared to this one....Any and all advice greatly welcomed and appreciated!!! Also, how about Trump....he has done more in a week than Obama did in 8 years, and the Libtards are still dogging him, the same ones who preach acceptance and understanding, snowflake liberal licking losers!!!!!
Chaseman31 is offline  
Old January 27th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,901
The one mod that has the most impact on trigger "grittiness" is the Apex striker block.
Rick M is offline  
Old January 27th, 2017, 06:48 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15
I would not fool with polishing. Just do an APEX kit. Be careful though, all of a sudden your shield trigger might not seem so good in comparison.
Zredwire is offline  
 
Old January 28th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bill in Tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,457
Apex, beyond a shadow of a doubt!
Bill in Tx is offline  
Old January 28th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
+1 APEX it
PaPow is offline  
Old January 28th, 2017, 07:13 PM   #6
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
shoot 500 rounds though it, it should smooth out. Apex makes good stuff for sure, if you just polish the sear and striker engagement surfaces it will help if you don't wanna wait and don't wanna spend the $$ on apex.
aaron1984 is offline  
Old January 29th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1984 View Post
shoot 500 rounds though it, it should smooth out. Apex makes good stuff for sure, if you just polish the sear and striker engagement surfaces it will help if you don't wanna wait and don't wanna spend the $$ on apex.
An Apex striker block costs a lot less than 500 rounds of ammo...

Last edited by Rick M; January 29th, 2017 at 07:18 PM.
Rick M is offline  
Old January 29th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #8
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
An Apex striker bolck costs a lot less than 500 rounds of ammo...

True but, the 500 rounds will make you a better shooter, the apex kit will make you a better gun.... If you don't wanna spend the $$ on the ammo dry fire 500 times lol... I've polished my M&Ps internals and just pulled the trigger a bunch of times, I guess its about the same results... I might add the apex sears to mine at some point.... I'm just saying you don't have to kick out the extra $$ for apex, the gun will break in over time for free.

Last edited by aaron1984; January 29th, 2017 at 06:37 PM.
aaron1984 is offline  
Old January 29th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1984 View Post
True but, the 500 rounds will make you a better shooter, the apex kit will make you a better gun.... If you don't wanna spend the $$ on the ammo dry fire 500 times lol... I've polished my M&Ps internals and just pulled the trigger a bunch of times, I guess its about the same results... I might add the apex sears to mine at some point.... I'm just saying you don't have to kick out the extra $$ for apex, the gun will break in over time for free.
Well hell, i`m all for a better gun, because it will make me a better shooter....hehehehe
Sorry, but 500 rounds ain`t gonna fix whats wrong with the M&P`s.
PaPow is offline  
Old January 29th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1984 View Post
True but, the 500 rounds will make you a better shooter, the apex kit will make you a better gun.... If you don't wanna spend the $$ on the ammo dry fire 500 times lol... I've polished my M&Ps internals and just pulled the trigger a bunch of times, I guess its about the same results... I might add the apex sears to mine at some point.... I'm just saying you don't have to kick out the extra $$ for apex, the gun will break in over time for free.
I used to have an M&P9 that I bought in '07 (it's my wife's now). It was my IDPA gun for several years, and is bone stock. I have no idea how many tens of thousands of rounds have been through that gun, but it's a lot.

Things did smooth out quite a bit with shooting, but the ones that I put Apex parts in when brand new are better. It's not "about the same results" at all.

Last edited by Rick M; January 29th, 2017 at 07:26 PM.
Rick M is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:58 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 193
If you have a quality smith in your area that works on M&P's, they can make the trigger as good if not better than an Apex kit. Our local one tunes most of the local competitors guns.

An Apex kit will also solve the problem and is DIY. Great parts and company!
lhawkins is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 07:03 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhawkins View Post
If you have a quality smith in your area that works on M&P's, they can make the trigger as good if not better than an Apex kit. Our local one tunes most of the local competitors guns.

An Apex kit will also solve the problem and is DIY. Great parts and company!
Better than the apex kit...??? I`d like to meet the gunsmith that can do that, using the stock OEM standard M&P parts, without milling, grinding, welding ANY of the OEM parts...lol. A simple polish & tune job will help the M&P`s quite a bit, but it can never match what the apex parts can do. Yes, absolutely, apex is a GREAT company, and A+ parts. I just hope they don`t sell their souls to the devil.
PaPow is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #13
Member
 
Chaseman31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Louisville Ky.
Posts: 72
I have been doing alot of dry firing, practicing draw and shoot with snap caps, changing magazines, etc. and this is by far the worst trigger I have ever had from a smith and wesson firearm....my shield trigger feels like a apex trigger compared to the 9c...
Chaseman31 is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #14
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
Well hell, i`m all for a better gun, because it will make me a better shooter....hehehehe
Sorry, but 500 rounds ain`t gonna fix whats wrong with the M&P`s.
What's 'wrong' with the M&P's? The trigger isn't a 1911 but, people get so hung up on trigger weight instead of learning how to shoot a less than 1911ish trigger... I'm not saying the apex stuff isn't cool, my dad has one of each of their kits in two of his guns and it is definitely an improvement but, I wouldn't say that there is anything 'wrong' with the M&P inherently.
aaron1984 is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #15
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
I used to have an M&P9 that I bought in '07 (it's my wife's now). It was my IDPA gun for several years, and is bone stock. I have no idea how many tens of thousands of rounds have been through that gun, but it's a lot.

Things did smooth out quite a bit with shooting, but the ones that I put Apex parts in when brand new are better. It's not "about the same results" at all.
The apex stuff is smoother but, how much did it improve your IDPA scores to install it? I'm not saying that sitting around in the living room that the M&P triggers don't leave a bit to be desired but, in the hands of a skilled operator shooting derisive minded games and drills, does the enhancement translate to better scores?
aaron1984 is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Compact Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yet another trigger and slide question. Fumbly MP Full Size Pistols 24 January 5th, 2017 09:57 PM
Apex trigger questions/concerns. cgalpha08 MP Compact Pistols 23 December 30th, 2016 01:12 PM
Can someone De-mystify the Apex trigger options? 230grain MP Full Size Pistols 6 October 20th, 2016 10:28 PM
9FS with FSS trigger on steel plates John in ar MP Range Reports 5 August 5th, 2016 02:40 AM
Question on Apex Trigger Blue7 MP SHIELD Pistols 10 July 4th, 2016 10:53 AM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.