Anyone Have Their Hands On One ... M&P 2.0? - MP-Pistol Forum

Anyone Have Their Hands On One ... M&P 2.0?

This is a discussion on Anyone Have Their Hands On One ... M&P 2.0? within the MP Full Size Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; It has been awhile since I was on the group, but thought I'd pop back in. Has anyone gotten their hands on the new M&P ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Full Size Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 235
Anyone Have Their Hands On One ... M&P 2.0?

It has been awhile since I was on the group, but thought I'd pop back in.

Has anyone gotten their hands on the new M&P 2.0? I'm thinking one in .45 is in my future?
RoosterShooter is offline  
Old January 8th, 2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,863
Happy New Year, Rooster!
Rick M is offline  
Old January 8th, 2017, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,315
I`ve got a 9mm and a 45 on order... LGS didn`t seem to think i would see it anytime to soon though.
PaPow is offline  
 
Old January 8th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #4
Member
 
steved13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg FL
Posts: 127
I've seen a couple on another forum, so they are getting out there. I don't think I've seen a 45 yet though.
steved13 is offline  
Old January 8th, 2017, 05:12 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 235
I'm wondering what the advantages are to having one ... other than the change in looks. Do they handle differently?
RoosterShooter is offline  
Old January 8th, 2017, 06:48 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mountains
Posts: 35
I want one but refuse to buy the one until the inevitable bugs are worked out.
kilyung is offline  
Old January 8th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
I want one but refuse to buy the one until the inevitable bugs are worked out.

BUGS...????.... WHAT BUGS
PaPow is offline  
Old January 9th, 2017, 03:42 AM   #8
Member
 
steved13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg FL
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterShooter View Post
I'm wondering what the advantages are to having one ... other than the change in looks. Do they handle differently?
reports are; better trigger stock vs stock, more steel in the subframe = stiffer and less felt recoil, more aggressive texture on the frame, and 1 more added palmswell (between Medium and large)
steved13 is offline  
Old January 10th, 2017, 12:39 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 235
Picked mine up today. They had 2 of the standard "Black" pistols and 2 of the FDE 5" pistols. I decided on the standard 4.25" model. I'm not a fan of painted guns, and the 5" barrel/slide would be too much for me to carry IWB.

For the record ...the 2.0 is the best feeling pistol I've held in awhile. The grip texture is really nice, and almost like a Talon Grip texture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0513.JPG (316.1 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by RoosterShooter; January 10th, 2017 at 04:50 PM.
RoosterShooter is offline  
Old January 10th, 2017, 01:22 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterShooter View Post
Picked mine up today. They had 2 of the standard "Black" pistols and 2 of the FDE 5" pistols. I decided on the standard 4.25" model. I'm not a fan of painted guns, and the 5" barrel/slide would be too much for me to carry IWB.

For the record ... it's the 2.0 is the best feeling pistol I've held in awhile. The grip texture is really nice, and almost like a Talon Grip texture.
Nice - Congrats. I've seen reports that a couple of local shops have them in already. Guess I need to get out and check one out in person.
derrickgoins is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #11
Member
 
derek45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 55
I looked at one today at Academy

They removed the trigger lock, and even let me take the slide off.

It's not much different, mostly looks and feels like the old 1.0 LOL

the grip is wonderfully stippled like a 45 SHIELD

the sear still teeter-totters like the old one, but the trigger bar and stuff looks a bit different.

the slide looked the same, firing pin plunger, etc., looked the same.

the slide stop now has a spring loaded detent thing. similar to a 1911....but different.

If I needed another M&P and had the choice, I'd buy the 2.0, . . . but I'm not gonna trade in my current M&P for one.

sounds like S&W listened to the web forum complaints about trigger reset, stippling, slide dropping when you slam a new mag in, and made some upgrades.

I like it.
derek45 is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:46 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,315
I`m still waiting for both of my M2.0`s to arrive
PaPow is offline  
Old January 12th, 2017, 10:24 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
2tango2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterShooter View Post
Picked mine up today. They had 2 of the standard "Black" pistols and 2 of the FDE 5" pistols. I decided on the standard 4.25" model. I'm not a fan of painted guns, and the 5" barrel/slide would be too much for me to carry IWB.

For the record ...the 2.0 is the best feeling pistol I've held in awhile. The grip texture is really nice, and almost like a Talon Grip texture.


Must be how they are distributing them as my LGS got 2 of each in as well.

I'm hitting the range today after work




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2tango2 is offline  
Old January 14th, 2017, 01:48 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek45 View Post
I looked at one today at Academy

They removed the trigger lock, and even let me take the slide off.

It's not much different, mostly looks and feels like the old 1.0 LOL

the grip is wonderfully stippled like a 45 SHIELD

the sear still teeter-totters like the old one, but the trigger bar and stuff looks a bit different.

the slide looked the same, firing pin plunger, etc., looked the same.

the slide stop now has a spring loaded detent thing. similar to a 1911....but different.

If I needed another M&P and had the choice, I'd buy the 2.0, . . . but I'm not gonna trade in my current M&P for one.

sounds like S&W listened to the web forum complaints about trigger reset, stippling, slide dropping when you slam a new mag in, and made some upgrades.

I like it.

Not something you would notice from looking at it ..... but the new Barrel Twist Rate is 1:10 as opposed to the old 1:16.
RoosterShooter is offline  
Old January 14th, 2017, 03:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterShooter View Post
Not something you would notice from looking at it ..... but the new Barrel Twist Rate is 1:10 as opposed to the old 1:16.

Copied from APEX of course.... its good to learn things from the people that know what they`re doing.
Hopefully they copied APEX`s dwell timing as well, and fitted the barrels too, like APEX does, too.
I love it when a small company (apex) fix`s big (s&w) company`s problems... to an extent...
But what pizz`s me, is when i buy the big company`s product, i have to go over to the small company`s to make it work right.
PaPow is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Full Size Pistols


Search tags for this page

m&p 2.0

,

my m&p 2.0 does not say 2.0

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS - Ameriglo Pro i-Dot U-Notch Sights for S&W M&P Full-Size and M&P Shield Dave707 Classifieds 3 October 21st, 2016 08:58 PM
New to M&P, advice on my new M&P 9. 9MP MP Full Size Pistols 37 October 16th, 2016 11:27 PM
The Shield in large hands LordRahl MP SHIELD Pistols 24 August 31st, 2016 04:25 PM
Recommendations for a grip sleeve for M&P 22 BigDogDad MP Full Size Pistols 5 August 30th, 2016 05:25 AM
10-8 performance m&p sights .156 rear and .125 fiber optic front CapnNasty Classifieds 4 August 17th, 2016 03:08 PM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.