Value of 9mm Pro Series Frame Assembly - MP-Pistol Forum

Value of 9mm Pro Series Frame Assembly

This is a discussion on Value of 9mm Pro Series Frame Assembly within the MP Full Size Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; Hey guys looking to get an idea of the value of a complete M&P 9 Pro Series frame assembly. I'm buying a used CORE (has ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Full Size Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Lion, PA
Posts: 95
Value of 9mm Pro Series Frame Assembly

Hey guys looking to get an idea of the value of a complete M&P 9 Pro Series frame assembly. I'm buying a used CORE (has 300 rounds through it) off a friend and just want the top end off of it. It has an Apex RAM installed and would come in the original box with everything the pistol came with new except for the slide/barrel assembly and magazines. Again looking for a fair value, not a retail price nor a steal price, but one that will move it fairly quickly. I don't need another pistol, I have 8 M&P's already but want to try an RMR. I stipple all my pistols and it really doesn't make sense to do that to a PRO frame. Ideas?
D.O.A.F.S. is offline  
Old June 13th, 2017, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,463
I wouldn`t sell it for any less than half the price of a brand new complete one.
PaPow is online now  
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:17 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
I wouldn`t sell it for any less than half the price of a brand new complete one.
Well, I think that's somewhat influenced by how easily a potential buyer could get an upper to use with the frame.

For example; glock aftermarket slides and all the parts necessary to make a complete upper are readily available. I don't know of any aftermarket M&P slide manufacturers (though I've never looked), and I don't believe that S&W will sell them.

Now, for someone who's gone a bit overboard "bubba'ing" their frame, and S&W won't (and rightly so) replace it...
Rick M is offline  
 
Old June 14th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
Well, I think that's somewhat influenced by how easily a potential buyer could get an upper to use with the frame.

For example; glock aftermarket slides and all the parts necessary to make a complete upper are readily available. I don't know of any aftermarket M&P slide manufacturers (though I've never looked), and I don't believe that S&W will sell them.

Now, for someone who's gone a bit overboard "bubba'ing" their frame, and S&W won't (and rightly so) replace it...
S&W has upper kits for the pro`s & their PC`s, they are on their website,
but people are having a very hard time finding them in stock anywhere...
so you may be right buddie.

Here is just one example
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...ide-kits-mp-9l
PaPow is online now  
Old June 14th, 2017, 11:27 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
S&W has upper kits for the pro`s & their PC`s, they are on their website,
but people are having a very hard time finding them in stock anywhere...
so you may be right buddie.

Here is just one example
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...ide-kits-mp-9l
Now that you mention it; I think I remember you posting about that previously.
Rick M is offline  
Old June 14th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WS, Ma.
Posts: 503
if you be selling the lower, I'm interested, pm me is so.. good luck..
Turbo38GN is offline  
Old June 14th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Bill in Tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,457
Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Sorry, thought I was replying to a different post.
Bill in Tx is offline  
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WS, Ma.
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Tx View Post
Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Sorry, thought I was replying to a different post.
Gee... I thought you were welcoming me back... since I haven't posted much as of late..
Turbo38GN is offline  
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Lion, PA
Posts: 95
Slide parts and assemblies are easily gotten, in fact there are a bunch of the new Performance Center Core Ported complete upper assemblies available on ebay right now at "Buy it Now" for $449.00 Shipped. I hadn't thought about someone using it to assemble another pistol although you could, I was thinking maybe a person that wanted the Performance Center upgraded frame/ trigger to use with one of their existing guns slides. Again just looking for an idea of a fair price not retail.
D.O.A.F.S. is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Full Size Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken Frame Tool sandog MP Pistol Tech Help 8 October 7th, 2016 06:42 PM
Poly Frame warp warp? Uncle Elroy MP Compact Pistols 8 October 2nd, 2016 07:26 AM
SOLD WTS M&P9 Complete Slide Assembly SOLD Limited10Shooter Classifieds 2 August 14th, 2016 11:13 PM
WTB: 9mm 5inch 9L M&P Performance Center Ported CORE Slide assembly zupreme Classifieds 12 August 1st, 2016 12:13 PM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.