Tall sight for Shield - MP-Pistol Forum

Tall sight for Shield

This is a discussion on Tall sight for Shield within the MP SHIELD Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; I searched around and was not able to find any tall sights for this gun. I know there are several good reasons this would be ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 34
Tall sight for Shield

I searched around and was not able to find any tall sights for this gun. I know there are several good reasons this would be but if anyone happens to know of any I would really appreciate the tip. I may put a RDS on mine.

CDavis is offline  
Old September 10th, 2016, 03:32 PM   #2
Member
 
Kooi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Miami
Posts: 101
Not sure how high they need to be but
here
here
here

Hope this helps
Kooi is offline  
Old September 10th, 2016, 07:54 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: WA
Posts: 201
Where did you get the barrel?

I don't know of any tall sights for the Shield.
BennyRayRiddle is offline  
 
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:22 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 34
Kooi, Thank you for the links. Correct me if I am wrong but those sights look like they fit the M&P line but I was assuming that the Shield is not the same as the rest of the M&P line. I emailed and am waiting to hear back from them.

Benny, That is not my pistol. Suarez International is now cutting Shield slides to accept JPoint and the Shield RMS but unlike the work they do for other pistols and RMRs, do not offer tall sights.

I like the idea of an optic-equipped single-stack 9mm but for a carry gun I want the sights to cowitness. It seems like this part of the market is still playing catch-up with the rest.
CDavis is offline  
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: WA
Posts: 201
I was asking about the barrel because I've never seen a threaded Shield barrel before.

I don't think I've seen the Shield brand red dot sights before either.
BennyRayRiddle is offline  
Old September 13th, 2016, 07:16 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 34
Gotcha, I think Suarez may have done the threading in-house.

and in case you're interested: Shield dot homepage
CDavis is offline  
Old September 15th, 2016, 02:20 AM   #7
Member
 
Kooi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Miami
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavis View Post
Kooi, Thank you for the links. Correct me if I am wrong but those sights look like they fit the M&P line but I was assuming that the Shield is not the same as the rest of the M&P line. I emailed and am waiting to hear back from them.

Benny, That is not my pistol. Suarez International is now cutting Shield slides to accept JPoint and the Shield RMS but unlike the work they do for other pistols and RMRs, do not offer tall sights.

I like the idea of an optic-equipped single-stack 9mm but for a carry gun I want the sights to cowitness. It seems like this part of the market is still playing catch-up with the rest.
From what I understand all the M&P's have the same dove tail cut. I have the Truglo Brite-Site TFX Pro on mine and this is what the packaging says for "S&W M&P including Shield & .22 models (excluding .22 compact/C.O.R.E. models) SD9 & SD40 (excluding VE models.)"
Kooi is offline  
Old September 15th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: WA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavis View Post
Gotcha, I think Suarez may have done the threading in-house.

and in case you're interested: Shield dot homepage
I misspoke. I don't recall ever seeing any aftermarket barrels of any type, not just threaded ones, for the Shield.

Thanks for the link.
BennyRayRiddle is offline  
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:33 AM   #9
Member
 
Kooi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Miami
Posts: 101
Blacklist has them but out of stock right now.
Kooi is offline  
Old October 19th, 2016, 09:16 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooi View Post
From what I understand all the M&P's have the same dove tail cut. I have the Truglo Brite-Site TFX Pro on mine and this is what the packaging says for "S&W M&P including Shield & .22 models (excluding .22 compact/C.O.R.E. models) SD9 & SD40 (excluding VE models.)"
I called S&W cs and was told this is true. Great tip!
CDavis is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Universal Sight Tool for M&P Blue7 MP Gunsmithing 12 August 22nd, 2016 07:10 PM
Used Pistol Sight Pusher Tool (Mk III) - Universal tnscooter Classifieds 0 August 17th, 2016 02:24 PM
Ameriglo/Trijicon M&P Tritium Night Sight New. Trade Thumb Safety/Detent or Apex Trig 9MP Classifieds 0 August 11th, 2016 07:33 PM
Shield Rear Sight Removal Rick M MP SHIELD Pistols 9 June 29th, 2016 01:31 PM
WTB newer style "stepped" rear sight for M&P9c INMY01TA Want To Buy 0 June 5th, 2016 09:27 PM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.