Performance Shield Problems - Page 3 - MP-Pistol Forum

Performance Shield Problems

This is a discussion on Performance Shield Problems within the MP SHIELD Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; All M&P pistols are test fired before leaving the factory. The shell casings that used to be included were due to a state law that ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2017, 08:20 PM   #31
G56
Site Staff
 
G56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 8,959
All M&P pistols are test fired before leaving the factory. The shell casings that used to be included were due to a state law that required it in a few states, the last state still requiring a fired case finally quit about a year ago, since it was no longer required, S&W quit sending the fired cases.

The last state requiring the fired case finally admitted that in all the years they required that, not one single case had ever been solved by it, so one more stupid misguided gun law collapsed under its own weight.
G56 is offline  
Old January 1st, 2017, 11:54 PM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: None of your business
Posts: 258
My 40 came with a casing but it was bought over 3yrs ago. No casing with the 45.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas45 is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 11:59 AM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by G56 View Post
All M&P pistols are test fired before leaving the factory. The shell casings that used to be included were due to a state law that required it in a few states, the last state still requiring a fired case finally quit about a year ago, since it was no longer required, S&W quit sending the fired cases.

The last state requiring the fired case finally admitted that in all the years they required that, not one single case had ever been solved by it, so one more stupid misguided gun law collapsed under its own weight.
Do you know if they clean them before sending them , or do they box them with some fouling? Perhaps not cleaning mine before shooting was part of the problem.
jamerolle is offline  
 
Old March 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerolle View Post
Do you know if they clean them before sending them , or do they box them with some fouling? Perhaps not cleaning mine before shooting was part of the problem.
I`ve never bought a brand new gun in the box that had ever been cleaned before leaving the manufacturer. I was told by a manufacturer once, that they leave them dirty so that it can be "checked off" as been tested before it goes in the box. Now whether thats BS or not, it made sense to me at the time... but then again, that was 50yrs ago...lol. Fast forward to today... it would cost money to have employee`s stand there cleaning weapons all day before they were boxed up for storage/shipping.
PaPow is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #35
G56
Site Staff
 
G56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 8,959
Its pretty standard for manufacturers to shoot a few rounds then box them up dirty, the ammo is non corrosive so it certainly won't cause a problem. I don't have a clue why they don't clean them afterwards.
G56 is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 12:55 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
I`ve never bought a brand new gun in the box that had ever been cleaned before leaving the manufacturer. I was told by a manufacturer once, that they leave them dirty so that it can be "checked off" as been tested before it goes in the box. Now whether thats BS or not, it made sense to me at the time... but then again, that was 50yrs ago...lol. Fast forward to today... it would cost money to have employee`s stand there cleaning weapons all day before they were boxed up for storage/shipping.

PaPow are you on long Island ? if so perhaps we can meet at a range to gain your perspective ? Having never shot another pistol its hard to make a judgement with no point of reference.
jamerolle is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerolle View Post
PaPow are you on long Island ? if so perhaps we can meet at a range to gain your perspective ? Having never shot another pistol its hard to make a judgement with no point of reference.

Noooooooooo, sorry, nowhere near long island, wish i could help ya out, but i dont like living anywhere near that many liberals...
i live in the more sane area of NY, the southern-tier of upstate NY.
PaPow is offline  
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:23 PM   #38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 16
Ok , guys I finally got a chance to go shooting after all this time from the original post. Well this time I cleaned , lubed it and went with different amo (American). Not a single problem I am glad to report. Thank for all advise , I just thought something out of the box would be clean as can be, I guess I was wrong.
jamerolle is offline  
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerolle View Post
Ok , guys I finally got a chance to go shooting after all this time from the original post. Well this time I cleaned , lubed it and went with different amo (American). Not a single problem I am glad to report. Thank for all advise , I just thought something out of the box would be clean as can be, I guess I was wrong.
This should become a sticky, for all new shooters to follow.

Glad it all worked out... and clean it thoroughly after EVERY shoot...!
Gonna take some time for the gun to loosen up a little... and it will shoot flawlessly every time.
PaPow is offline  
Old April 9th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: LV
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
This should become a sticky, for all new shooters to follow.

Glad it all worked out... and clean it thoroughly after EVERY shoot...!
Gonna take some time for the gun to loosen up a little... and it will shoot flawlessly every time.
Agreed. When my cousin picked up his first firearm, I told him to clean before firing but he said the LGS guys said it's clean enough. He hates cleaning it though, I rather enjoy the cleaning my pistols... not my rifle though lol.
greeenteeee is offline  
Old April 9th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeenteeee View Post
Agreed. When my cousin picked up his first firearm, I told him to clean before firing but he said the LGS guys said it's clean enough. He hates cleaning it though, I rather enjoy the cleaning my pistols... not my rifle though lol.
Most LGS`s are like car salesmen...lol... they`ll tell ya anything you wanna hear...lol
Yeah me too, i enjoy tearing them down and cleaning them... i get to play with them more...lol
PaPow is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ported Performance Center .45 Shield Coming & Front Sight Jump? leadfoot44 MP SHIELD Pistols 21 January 14th, 2017 07:41 AM
New shield with problems Garyk MP SHIELD Pistols 19 December 17th, 2016 01:57 PM
Pro Shield mag problems? browningv308 MP SHIELD Pistols 7 October 11th, 2016 09:03 PM
Performance Center Shield Rick M MP SHIELD Pistols 5 August 28th, 2016 07:34 AM
Bought New Shield Performance Center jstanfield103 MP Compact Pistols 5 July 31st, 2016 09:25 PM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.