New Sheild 9 mm accuracy issues - Page 2 - MP-Pistol Forum

New Sheild 9 mm accuracy issues

This is a discussion on New Sheild 9 mm accuracy issues within the MP SHIELD Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; Originally Posted by berettabone For what it's worth.............my M&P was doing the same thing. First, I could see that the sights were off by eye. ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:27 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
For what it's worth.............my M&P was doing the same thing. First, I could see that the sights were off by eye. Both. Had them both centered. They come from the factory like that all of the time. Second, once I used the front of my finger on the trigger, my shots came in towards the center of the target right away. Using 115 gr. ammo isn't the most accurate weight. 124 or 147 gr. ammo is a more accurate measure of accuracy IMHO in any small 9mm semi auto. Third, I am one who NEVER shoots reloads.........I don't care if the President hand loaded each one personally, and signed each one.

Many people have used ga-zillions of rounds of reloads... whats your problem with reloads. I myself have been reloading for more than 40yrs, i prefer my own reloads over factory ammo any day of the week. Besides that, i couldn`t afford to feed my shooting habit if i didn`t reload. I`ve even got reloads that work superior to factory self defense ammo... i just don`t carry it due to possible legal issues that could end up not in my favor if i use them. I do ALOT of reloaded ammo testing with defense loads... its mainly just a hobby for me. I make my own jacketed ammo too.
PaPow is offline  
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:04 AM   #17
Member
 
reloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: knoxville tennessee
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisbballfn15 View Post
Did the gun get cleaned before firing it, or did you go straight to the range?

The first time I fired my gun I also seemed to be very inaccurate, but I found out that it was because of my grip and a little due to flinching.
The first thing I do anytime I get a gun is break it down ad clean every part.
reloader is offline  
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:07 AM   #18
Member
 
reloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: knoxville tennessee
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
For what it's worth.............my M&P was doing the same thing. First, I could see that the sights were off by eye. Both. Had them both centered. They come from the factory like that all of the time. Second, once I used the front of my finger on the trigger, my shots came in towards the center of the target right away. Using 115 gr. ammo isn't the most accurate weight. 124 or 147 gr. ammo is a more accurate measure of accuracy IMHO in any small 9mm semi auto. Third, I am one who NEVER shoots reloads.........I don't care if the President hand loaded each one personally, and signed each one.
I have shot reloads thru every Gun I own.
Have found once you find what the gun likes, load and bullet weight, can be a little more accurate with reloads than factory loads. There is know way I could shoot as much as I do if I did not reload. It is a win win for me!!!

Last edited by reloader; January 24th, 2017 at 04:10 AM.
reloader is offline  
 
Old January 24th, 2017, 06:07 AM   #19
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
Many people have used ga-zillions of rounds of reloads... whats your problem with reloads. I myself have been reloading for more than 40yrs, i prefer my own reloads over factory ammo any day of the week. Besides that, i couldn`t afford to feed my shooting habit if i didn`t reload. I`ve even got reloads that work superior to factory self defense ammo... i just don`t carry it due to possible legal issues that could end up not in my favor if i use them. I do ALOT of reloaded ammo testing with defense loads... its mainly just a hobby for me. I make my own jacketed ammo too.
If you like shooting reloads, more power to ya. You say it's your hobby. It's a fine hobby. It's not my hobby. I prefer quality over quantity. I don't trust reloads, period. I have seen two different pistols blow up in the hands of shooters because of reloads. Yes, maybe they didn't know what they were doing. It was proven both times that it was ammo related. Both ammo's were purchased from companies who supposedly knew what they were doing. Can it happen with factory ammo? Sure can, but the odds are way lower than reloads. I won't carry them because of legal ramifications also. I just don't take the risk. I'll pay the extra denaro for peace of mind. In the 40+ years I've been shooting, I've NEVER had an issue with factory ammo. I intend to keep it that way. I grew up with a gunsmith father who also reloaded ammo, but all of it was for rifles. He never had an issue with HIS reloads, but did have some things happen with others. I'm just an eliminate issues kind of guy. I like the odds in my favor when it comes to firearms and safety. Didn't someone once say, if you like your reloads, you can keep them
berettabone is offline  
Old January 25th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Western N C
Posts: 67
I might just be lucky, but my first 50 shots with my new Shield ported last week did fine. I was very happy with the recoil as that is important to me as I just turned 86. I guess I have been shooting forever & always just for fun, not completely all went into a 3"x4" bull except about 6 or7 & they were in the 9 ring.

Last edited by gene1; January 25th, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
gene1 is offline  
Old January 28th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #21
Member
 
reloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: knoxville tennessee
Posts: 75
Went to range sighted in lazer on sheild yesterday.
Took a while. Tried out 10 different loads with
CFE powder, Tite Group, Silhouette,and Hs-6.
Did get some consistant groups out of about 4 of the 10
Loads tried.
CFE POWDER
TITE GROUP
SILHOUETTE.
going to half to load up somemore loads to fine tune.
Does seem like the hot loads are shooting better groups.
Has anyone else seen this out of there 9mm sheild
reloader is offline  
Old January 28th, 2017, 05:52 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloader View Post
Went to range sighted in lazer on sheild yesterday.
Took a while. Tried out 10 different loads with
CFE powder, Tite Group, Silhouette,and Hs-6.
Did get some consistant groups out of about 4 of the 10
Loads tried.
CFE POWDER
TITE GROUP
SILHOUETTE.
going to half to load up somemore loads to fine tune.
Does seem like the hot loads are shooting better groups.
Has anyone else seen this out of there 9mm sheild
My pet load is CFE (4.9gr) under a Berry`s plated 124rn (seated @ 1.145/50)
Tack driver load in every 9mm i own. The 124gr seems to like the fire, real hot.
I can`t seem to find anything that works with titegroup, and i`ve never tried silhouette
PaPow is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 9mm sheild reloads? reloader MP Reloading 36 January 28th, 2017 06:31 PM
Extractor removal issues on M&P cpsmith58 MP Gunsmithing 15 December 13th, 2016 10:43 AM
New Shield PC 9mm accuracy and barrel wear issues. idowa87 MP SHIELD Pistols 12 September 19th, 2016 01:45 PM
M&P40fs Accuracy DougM MP Full Size Pistols 0 June 28th, 2016 05:21 AM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.