blurry front sight? - MP-Pistol Forum

blurry front sight?

This is a discussion on blurry front sight? within the MP SHIELD Pistols forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; I wear multi focal contact lenses and now I am having a hard time focusing on the front sight. it is extremely blurry. suggestions. I ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 11
blurry front sight?

I wear multi focal contact lenses and now I am having a hard time focusing on the front sight. it is extremely blurry. suggestions. I usually shoot both eyes open and the front sight is really blurry and even the target is a little blurry.
turfgun is offline  
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,453
When was the last time you had an eye exam...
I wear quad lenses and still cant see the sights.
PaPow is offline  
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,901
That's why I no longer use sights; I got tired of lining up the blurs...

It takes too much time, anyway.
Rick M is offline  
 
Old February 11th, 2017, 07:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Central Maine
Posts: 809
Micro red dot sights work marvelously for that very reason if you need to use sights.

I use a CORE for competition and I've discussed in the past a CORE version of the 9c with S&W. I was told it will never happen, but if enough of us ask for it... well, you know how that could potentially work.
BrianK is offline  
Old February 12th, 2017, 04:47 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: western NH
Posts: 22
well you probably wear some shooting / safety glasses . Try some stick on bi-focal lenses like these
https://www.amazon.com/Hydrotac-Stic...+bifocals+1.50

to get the right strength Go to walmart and try some different reading glasses in front of your shooting glasses(with your contacts in) , hold a piece of paper at the right distance (front sight distance , measure it...get it right) .

Put the stick on near the TOP of the glasses (you don't want to be trying to hold your head way up like normal bi-focals)

it will only cost you about $15 to try it out
star1 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:17 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
PaPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by star1 View Post
well you probably wear some shooting / safety glasses . Try some stick on bi-focal lenses like these
https://www.amazon.com/Hydrotac-Stic...+bifocals+1.50

to get the right strength Go to walmart and try some different reading glasses in front of your shooting glasses(with your contacts in) , hold a piece of paper at the right distance (front sight distance , measure it...get it right) .

Put the stick on near the TOP of the glasses (you don't want to be trying to hold your head way up like normal bi-focals)

it will only cost you about $15 to try it out
LOL... so now you`ll see the sights, but now the target is blurry
Thats gonna really suck in a self-defense situation...lol... BUT i get what you`re saying though... i`ll give it a shot...lol
PaPow is offline  
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:38 AM   #7
Member
 
steved13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg FL
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Micro red dot sights work marvelously for that very reason if you need to use sights.

I use a CORE for competition and I've discussed in the past a CORE version of the 9c with S&W. I was told it will never happen, but if enough of us ask for it... well, you know how that could potentially work.
Just have a 9c milled. Probably cost less than the CORE upgrade if S&W did it. My shield cost about $130 to have it milled, about $200 with shipping (I did next day shipping when I sent it, that was ~$50)
steved13 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 05:32 AM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
I wear multi focals.....................get yourself some XS Big Dots and don't look back..............
berettabone is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:43 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: western NH
Posts: 22
stick on

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPow View Post
LOL... so now you`ll see the sights, but now the target is blurry
Thats gonna really suck in a self-defense situation...lol... BUT i get what you`re saying though... i`ll give it a shot...lol
Just stick it in your dominant eye , leave the other for distance
star1 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:59 AM   #10
G56
Site Staff
 
G56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 8,958
This is the cure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg venom3.jpg (65.9 KB, 20 views)
G56 is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP SHIELD Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ported Performance Center .45 Shield Coming & Front Sight Jump? leadfoot44 MP SHIELD Pistols 21 January 14th, 2017 07:41 AM
SOLD TWO sets of Warren Tactical Fiber optic Sight Sets-SOLD grantxurismo Classifieds 0 October 16th, 2016 05:14 PM
See-All sight for pistol BrianK MP Full Size Pistols 6 September 22nd, 2016 08:15 PM
.22C, Rear sight pops out Dougvidak MP Pistol Tech Help 2 September 18th, 2016 02:02 PM
Shield Rear Sight Removal Rick M MP SHIELD Pistols 9 June 29th, 2016 01:31 PM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.