What's the Difference ... Bodyguard vs. M&P Bodyguard? - MP-Pistol Forum

What's the Difference ... Bodyguard vs. M&P Bodyguard?

This is a discussion on What's the Difference ... Bodyguard vs. M&P Bodyguard? within the MP Talk forums, part of the Smith & Wesson MP Forum category; The title pretty much states it all ... What is the difference between the Bodyguard 380 and the M&P Bodyguard? I noticed that they are ...


Go Back   MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 235
What's the Difference ... Bodyguard vs. M&P Bodyguard?

The title pretty much states it all ...

What is the difference between the Bodyguard 380 and the M&P Bodyguard?

I noticed that they are almost $100 in difference. For instance ... A Bodyguard 380 w/ laser is $270 and the M&P Bodyguard is $350 to $370 (depending on Red or Green Laser).
RoosterShooter is offline  
Old January 29th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LordRahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northen VA
Posts: 3,830
S&W first came out with the regular Bodyguard. It was a .380 pocket pistol with an integrated laser sight which made the firearm rather chunky.

The M&P Bodyguard has been reworked to give it a sleeker profile designed to make it easier to holster and draw. Originally S&W also did away with the integrated laser although is looks like they have brought it back as an option according to their product lineup. The laser equipped firearm will cost about $70 more.
LordRahl is offline  
Old January 29th, 2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterShooter View Post
The title pretty much states it all ...

What is the difference between the Bodyguard 380 and the M&P Bodyguard?

I noticed that they are almost $100 in difference. For instance ... A Bodyguard 380 w/ laser is $270 and the M&P Bodyguard is $350 to $370 (depending on Red or Green Laser).
Hey Rooster.

The only difference is the onboard laser.

Both have an identically long, heavy, crappy trigger.
Rick M is offline  
 
Old January 30th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mo
Posts: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
Hey Rooster.

The only difference is the onboard laser.

Both have an identically long, heavy, crappy trigger.
That trigger makes it nice to drop in your pants pocket and not worry about shooting a pecker off when it shifts.

The trigger is ok, like shooting a double action revolver. I am pleased with the accuracy of mine, its the new model.
jdmidwest is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 06:22 PM   #5
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
Bodyguard was the original, M&P Bodyguard was the second release... M&P Bodyguard is still available with a laser or not, mine doesn't have it nor do I really want it.
aaron1984 is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmidwest View Post
That trigger makes it nice to drop in your pants pocket and not worry about shooting a pecker off when it shifts.

The trigger is ok, like shooting a double action revolver. I am pleased with the accuracy of mine, its the new model.
I haven't shot one of the new ones, but my old one was nothing like the DA of a revolver.

I don't pocket carry, and never would without a pocket holster, so no worries about shooting my pecker off here.

I also don't carry mouseguns.
Rick M is offline  
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 235
I usually wear 5.11 pants to work everyday, and on more than one occasion I have 'shown my goods' when I had to bend over or kneel down.

The reason I'm interested in the Bodyguard is so I can deep carry in a pocket holster, and not worry about worrying a customer with my pistol showing.

A buddy has one, and I'm going to test fire one before I decide. I have XL Hands and really long fingers ... so, I'm worried about how I'll be able to shoot it.

At any rate ... if I do decide to buy one I'll put in an RTK trigger and a Galloway Precision 'Short Bar' to shorten the trigger pull.

Thanks for the input guys. I've actually been investigating this topic for several days now, and I hope it works out for me.
RoosterShooter is offline  
Old January 31st, 2017, 06:16 AM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
I owned one..................stupid me. Overpriced junk.........lousy trigger, no sights, a trigger pull that stops in New York. I replaced it with a Kahr, and never looked back. 10 times the gun. I pocket carry with a holster. I NEVER drop a firearm in to any space without a holster. Anyone who carries a firearm without a holster deserves to get their pecker shot off. The perfect gun for them..................................
berettabone is offline  
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
I owned one..................stupid me. Overpriced junk.........lousy trigger, no sights, a trigger pull that stops in New York. I replaced it with a Kahr, and never looked back. 10 times the gun. I pocket carry with a holster. I NEVER drop a firearm in to any space without a holster. Anyone who carries a firearm without a holster deserves to get their pecker shot off. The perfect gun for them..................................
All true, but, as they say; presentation is everything.

Are you off your meds again, or just too much yankee in your dna?
Rick M is offline  
Old February 1st, 2017, 07:01 AM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
I'm tired of hearing the praise for a pos..............cmon, let's be real. Anyone who adores this piece of crap firearm, doesn't know anything about firearms. I realize that this IS a S&W forum, but it's no reason to bulls#!t. I don't need meds, I have guns. You want to mollycoddle, go ahead.
berettabone is offline  
Old February 1st, 2017, 08:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
I'm tired of hearing the praise for a pos..............cmon, let's be real. Anyone who adores this piece of crap firearm, doesn't know anything about firearms. I realize that this IS a S&W forum, but it's no reason to bulls#!t. I don't need meds, I have guns. You want to mollycoddle, go ahead.

Well, I actually think that most who believe that they "just can't" carry anything but a mousegun probably have had no real training, and haven't seriously considered learning about quality holsters, belts, dressing around the gun, etc., much less considered how ill prepared they'll be if they ever find themselves in a serious social situation.

That said, I believe they're entitled to discuss what they want with like minded individuals on the forum, without the "benefit" of my opinion (experienced as it may be) repeated ad nauseum throughout their posts.
Rick M is offline  
Old February 1st, 2017, 11:40 AM   #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
Well, I actually think that most who believe that they "just can't" carry anything but a mousegun probably have had no real training, and haven't seriously considered learning about quality holsters, belts, dressing around the gun, etc., much less considered how ill prepared they'll be if they ever find themselves in a serious social situation.

That said, I believe they're entitled to discuss what they want with like minded individuals on the forum, without the "benefit" of my opinion (experienced as it may be) repeated ad nauseum throughout their posts.
You've got my agreement on that one..............................
berettabone is offline  
Old February 1st, 2017, 01:39 PM   #13
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
I'm tired of hearing the praise for a pos..............cmon, let's be real. Anyone who adores this piece of crap firearm, doesn't know anything about firearms. I realize that this IS a S&W forum, but it's no reason to bulls#!t. I don't need meds, I have guns. You want to mollycoddle, go ahead.
I'm tired of forum warriors like you trashing something just because you don't like it. Bodyguard is just as good as an LCP etc, it's not a shooter, it's never gonna be it's a cheap pocket gun with a heavy trigger, it works better than a pocket knife to defend yourself....
aaron1984 is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:48 AM   #14
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1984 View Post
I'm tired of forum warriors like you trashing something just because you don't like it. Bodyguard is just as good as an LCP etc, it's not a shooter, it's never gonna be it's a cheap pocket gun with a heavy trigger, it works better than a pocket knife to defend yourself....
Got no argument out of me on that. "just as good as an LCP" I wouldn't purchase that junk either. " it's not a shooter" Then why own it? "It works better than a pocket knife." Now that's a confidence builder. If your tired of forum warriors, you can always just not read it and move on. If someone asks about a firearm that I've owned, I'm going to tell them about it. I don't fudge, lie, or mollycoddle. It's an overpriced pos. I like S&W and grew up shooting lots of their revolvers. They tried to get in to the mouse gun area, and just dropped the ball. I see tons of them for sale up here. They can't sell them and move on fast enough. I purchased this as a replacement and never looked back. It actually has sights that work well, a trigger to die for, and fits in my pocket, just like a BG. I learned my lesson also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00936.JPG (624.8 KB, 26 views)
berettabone is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:53 AM   #15
Member
 
aaron1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
Got no argument out of me on that. "just as good as an LCP" I wouldn't purchase that junk either. " it's not a shooter" Then why own it? "It works better than a pocket knife." Now that's a confidence builder. If your tired of forum warriors, you can always just not read it and move on. If someone asks about a firearm that I've owned, I'm going to tell them about it. I don't fudge, lie, or mollycoddle. It's an overpriced pos. I like S&W and grew up shooting lots of their revolvers. They tried to get in to the mouse gun area, and just dropped the ball. I see tons of them for sale up here. They can't sell them and move on fast enough. I purchased this as a replacement and never looked back. It actually has sights that work well, a trigger to die for, and fits in my pocket, just like a BG. I learned my lesson also.
"IT'S NOT A SHOOTER SO WHY OWN IT".... Because it's small, super concealable and if I have to across the room I can get hits with it.... If I knew I was going to be in a gunfight I'd bring the AR.....
Maybe you just suck at shooting little guns then, lots of good shooters can hit targets at 25 yards with an LCP, grow up man, you couldn't master a difficult to shoot gun, it wasn't for you, etc... The gun is fine LCP's are fine, sure get a SIG P238 and it's easier to get hits with but, these small cheap (I paid like $225 for mine) guns are not gonna tear a ragged group at 10 or 15 yards... You trashing the gun because it's not accurate or whatever is like saying that a pickup truck isn't good at road racing.. No shit, that's not what it's made for....
aaron1984 is offline  
Reply

  MP-Pistol Forum > Smith & Wesson MP Forum > MP Talk


Search tags for this page

bodyguard 380 vs lcp

,

difference between bodyguard and m&p bodyguard

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS - Ameriglo Pro i-Dot U-Notch Sights for S&W M&P Full-Size and M&P Shield Dave707 Classifieds 3 October 21st, 2016 08:58 PM
New to M&P, advice on my new M&P 9. 9MP MP Full Size Pistols 37 October 16th, 2016 11:27 PM



Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2012 MP-Pistol. All rights reserved.
MP-Pistol is a M&P pistol enthusiast forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. of Springfield, MA.